FQA Testing & Calibration Laboratories
WAS Accreditation For FQA Testing & Calibration Laboratories
WAS Accreditation For The Laboratories That Conduct Tests And Measurements Of Fasteners Covered By The Latest Fastener Quality Act (FQA) Public Law 101-592 As Amended 1999 Of The United States Of America As Per The Consensus Standard Or Standards.
The Fastener Quality Act (FQA) , Public Law 101-592 (as amended in 1999) of the United States Of America protects public safety by:
- Requiring that certain fasteners sold in commerce conform to the specifications to which they are represented to be manufactured;
- Providing for accreditation of laboratories engaged in fastener testing;
- Requiring inspection, testing, and certification, in accordance with standardized methods.
WAS Accreditation requires that the laboratories that conduct Tests and Measurements of Fasteners covered by the latest Fastener Quality Act (FQA) Public Law 101-592 as amended 1999 of the United States of America as per the consensus standard or standards must conform to the most recent version of the following standards:
- ISO/IEC 17025 - General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- Demonstrated Technical Competence specific to the field in which Testing /Calibration is performed.
- WAS Accreditation Scheme Manual.
- WAS Policy on Accreditation of Certification Bodies for Fastener Quality Assurance System and Laboratories for Fastener Testing.