WAS Accreditation Scheme For The FQA Certification Bodies
Bodies Providing The Audit And The Certification Of The Fastener Quality Assurance System (ISO 9001 & ISO 16426) Covered By The Latest Fastener Quality Act (FQA) Public Law 101-592 As Amended 1999 Of The United States Of America.
The Fastener Quality Act (FQA) , Public Law 101-592 (as amended in 1999) of the United States Of America protects public safety by:
- Requiring that certain fasteners sold in commerce conform to the specifications to which they are represented to be manufactured;
- Providing for accreditation of laboratories engaged in fastener testing;
- Requiring inspection, testing, and certification, in accordance with standardized methods.
WAS Accreditation requires that Certification Bodies for the Fastener Quality Assurance System Covered by the Latest Fastener Quality Act (FQA conforms to the most recent versions of the following International Standards:
- ISO/IEC 17021 - Conformity Assessment - Requirements for Bodies Providing Audit and Certification of Management Systems;
- ISO 19011 - Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
- Certification Body applying for the Fastener Quality Assurance System accreditation must be accredited by WAS for ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems or be an applicant for accreditation with WAS for ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- WAS Accreditation Scheme Manual
- WAS Policy on Accreditation of Certification Bodies for Fastener Quality Assurance System and Laboratories for Fastener Testing.